Friday, February 28, 2014

Discovering the art of Belinda Marshall

I first came across Belinda Marshall's art whilst working at Follow Store, back when they had a bricks and mortar store on Sydney's Cleveland Street. There was nothing more exciting than unwrapping an order from Belinda's Melbourne studio and positioning her happy prints around the store.


A selection of Belinda Marshall's Prints l-r: 'hopeful', 'chance' and 'greenish light'. From $40

Not content with a print? How about these beautifully printed linen cushions?! $120









I am constantly bewitched by her astounding use of abstract forms. There is something so evocative in her use of shape and colour that I really find it hard to pick a favourite. Having previously worked for an aromatherapy company for many years, I found them akin to scents - some days you're drawn to one over the other in a way that is quite inexplicable.

Imagine my delight when I discovered she also has a Society6 store and I could pretty up my devices as well. Hurrah!


all the prettiness! iphone cases, laptop skins and covers for all manner of devices!



Eventually I settled on the Greenish Light print, with a view for more to come in the future. One day I hope to treat my house to an original!




Check out all of Belinda's stunning pieces at one of these various place...and good luck choosing!
website: www.belindamarshall.com
shop: www.belindamarshall.bigcartel.com
Society6: www.society6.com/gretchenmist

xo
rabia

all images copyright Belinda Marshall
 


No comments:

Post a Comment